Мнение 15 Фев 2020, 09:48

dealing with

With turnover-free rookie quarterback Dak Prescott, the Dallas Cowboys are already in better shape than they were without Tony Romo in the early part of last season.First of all, they already have a win.There is also the hope with the way Prescott has already progressed in two games to believe there could be more wins while Romo continues to heal from that broken bone in his back.Now were two weeks into this, so we have to understand that. I think he improved from Week 1 to Week 2, I think he learned from some of the experiences in the opener, and I think he improved over the course of practice and throughout the game in Washington, coach Jason Garrett said Monday.He approaches it the right way, it starts with that. His intangibles are excellent, his preparation, his poise, his composure, all of that stuff gives him a chance to play well.After winning 27-23 at Washington, when Prescott helped direct a late go-ahead drive, the Cowboys (1-1) are back home Sunday night against the Chicago Bears.Then before the bye week in late October, there are three more games against teams that have already lost games this season -- San Francisco, Cincinnati and Green Bay.Romo did make the trip with the Cowboys to Washington, a positive sign that his back was well enough to travel without any problems.He even threw a few passes on the field before the game and got an exam from team doctors in which owner Jerry Jones said the 36-year-old quarterback looked good.But that is no indication of an immediately pending return for Romo.Hes in that stage right now, Jones said. Hopefully, soon, hell be out of the danger stage relative to his spine, probably 2/3 more weeks and we can see how far he wants to go by his own volition.When the Cowboys opted against putting Romo on injured reserve, they allowed the possibility that he could play before Nov. 6, which would have been the earliest he could have played if on that list. Their bye week is Oct. 23, a week after playing at the Packers and a week before playing Philadelphia.It sure doesnt sound as if any continued success by Prescott would make the Cowboys more patient in waiting for Romo to return the lineup.Not necessarily. Not necessarily, Jones said. Tonys situation when hes back will be about whether hes functional. Were a better team. We play better (with Romo).At the same time, Jones said the Cowboys are not only playing winning football with Dak, were developing him.The Cowboys were off to a 2-0 start last season before Romo missed seven games because of a broken collarbone -- and lost them all.Prescott has already set an NFL rookie record with 75 pass attempts without throwing an interception, breaking a mark previously held by Hall of Famer Warren Moon.We dont really get caught up in records. Hes just handled himself well. Hes prepared for the opportunities he gets, Garrett said. You can tell hes started a lot of games, and understands the ebb and flow of the game, and doesnt force things.---AP Sports Writer Schuyler Dixon contributed to this report.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFLLarry Johnson Super Bowl Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Patrick Mahomes Super Bowl Jersey .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. http://www.officialkcchiefspro.com/Reggie-ragland-chiefs-jersey/ . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Sammy Watkins Super Bowl Jersey . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Len Dawson Super Bowl Jersey . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing.Texas defensive end Breckyn Hager said the Longhorns approach on defense this week in preparing to face prolific Texas Tech quarterback?Patrick Mahomes II?is simple: hurt him.Hager said this multiple times Monday -- eventually issuing an apology hours later -- while discussing how to stop Mahomes, the nations No. 1 passer and a quarterback who has a bit of a history against the Longhorns.I say injure that quarterback, Hager said. Thats the mentality right now. Weve got to take him out. We know hes banged up, and weve just got to get after him.Hager issued an apology through the university on Monday afternoon, saying it is not his intent to injure another player.I want to apologize for what I said earlier today at our press conference, he said. I play hard and its our teams goal to get pressure on the quarterback, hit him and disrupt the offense. When I go out there I want to play my most aggressive game, but Im not trying to do anything to physically injure someone. I have too much respect for Patrick Mahomes and every quarterback I play against to ever do that. Thats not what Im about, not the way I was raised and not the way we play football at Texas.Our coaches dont teach us that or coach us to injure other players in any way. It was a really poor choice of words, and I truly regret it. My point should have been that its our job as defensive linemen to make our presence known and affect the quarterback. Life is bigger than a game, and Im still learning how to be a better player on and off the field. I hope everyone will accept my apology for what I said.Mahomes has been dealing with an injury to his throwing shoulder for the past month -- one he appeared to aggravate at the end of the Red Raiders 27-24 double-overtime victory at TCU on Saturday.The last time Texas visited Lubbock, late in the 2014 season, Texas defensive back Quandre Diggs delivered a hard hit on Mahomes that knocked the quarterback out of the game with a concussion.ddddddddddddDays after the hit, Diggs said he didnt feel bad about knocking out Mahomes because, He signed up to play football. Sometimes that happens.During the Texas Tech-Texas game last season, Diggs -- now with the Detroit Lions -- called Mahomes a chump on Twitter for flexing after a touchdown. After the Red Raiders 48-45 victory in Austin, Mahomes responded by tweeting: This same chump just got that win tonight!Mahomes did not respond to Hagers comments on Monday, but his father, Pat Mahomes, a former major league pitcher, tweeted: Are you kidding me. In an unrelated matter, Pat Mahomes was arrested on a charge of public intoxication during the Red Raiders game at TCU over the weekend.Hagers apology was accompanied ?by a statement from Texas coach Charlie Strong.I want to make one thing clear -- we never walk into a game wanting to injure someone. We would never coach that way and thats not how our team plays, Strong said. We respect the game too much, we respect other players, we respect how hard theyve worked to get in the position theyre in, so thats not our character. Breckyn knows we want to get pressure on the quarterback, we want to get around him, we want him to feel our presence. Thats what hes talking about, but you never walk into a game saying were coming in to injure you. Breckyn knows that.Patrick Mahomes is the nations leading passer and we have a ton of respect for him.Police say the father of Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes was arrested on a charge of public intoxication during the Red Raiders game